New Balance 1K Kidsrun
The New Balance Kidsrun is a 1.15 km loop around Imperial Landing Park. It starts 30 minutes before the Icebreaker 8K at 8:30 a.m. and is a quick out and back along the beautiful Imperial Landing strip. The run is open to kids 10 years and under, and parents can run along side their children. After the run, stick around to cheer on the 8K runners as they cross the finish line.
New Balance richmond
We couldn't have done it without the amazing support of the New Balance Richmond crew! A big thanks to Jordan and the team at the New Balance Richmond location for their support. If you are looking to pick up some cool gear for running or walking, be sure to check out this store or their Facebook page being Richmond's #1 athletic store!
THANKS NEW BALANCE RICHMOND!
"Every year, my entire family looks forward to the Icebreaker for several reasons: living in Richmond, it feels like it's our race and it's the only road race on Lulu Island; the one chance for others in the Vancouver running community to come experience running in Richmond. It is a beautiful route, along the Steveston boardwalk and the Fraser River and I love the family aspect of it. We come early, I can do the Kids Run with my two kids then have time to stretch and line up for the Icebreaker 8K shortly after. My wife can take the kids for the after-race activities and be back in time to watch me cross the finish line."
- Rob Reid, Icebreaker Ambassador
Kidsrun Course Map
Kidsrun Event Info
- Please see the Icebreaker 8K Registration Page for the Kidsrun cost.
- Race start time is 8:30 a.m.
- Course closes at 8:45 a.m.
- There will be a registration limit of 200 participants.
- Age of runners: 0-10 years. Parents will need to accompany younger children and can run alongside with them or push a stroller (parents will need to show proof of full vaccination if they're participating with their child).
- RACE NUMBERS: Kids must wear the race numbers provided. Race numbers include critical information for medical staff, which is necessary should the child get lost or need assistance.
- Each runner will receive a ribbon upon finishing the race. Please meet your athlete at the finish area and do not wait on the race course as we will be preparing for the Icebreaker 8K start at 9 a.m.
- A designated First Aid tent will be in place, located near the Start/Finish line area.
- Marshals will be on hand along the route to support and encourage our Kidsrun athletes. Any athlete who needs assistance and wishes to return to their parents will be assisted by our marshals who have direct contact with our Race Director and the start line announcers.
- Don't forget to take a photo of your athlete at the Icebreaker 8K Media Wall and use the hashtag #NBkidsrun on social media!
All proceeds from the Kidsrun go directly to KidSport Richmond, a licensed local chapter of KidSport Canada. KidSport provides support to children in order to remove financial barriers that prevent children from playing an organized sport. KidSport Richmond's vision is to ensure that no kids are watching from the sidelines, simply because their family can't afford the cost of the sport. Since 1993, KidSport has distributed over $68 million in grants and impacted over 750,000 children across Canada to date.
Can't make it to this year's Icebreaker 8K or Kidsrun? No problem! Just click the button below to send a donation. Remember every little bit helps, and you might even be helping one of Canada's future Olympians!